- Posted 23 days ago
About this job
Arista Networks is looking for great Software Engineers interested in product development in C/C++ and Go to join the team in Dublin advancing the Software Defined Networking (SDN) revolution. Arista is a profitable, publicly quoted company with 2016 revenues expected to exceed $1B. Arista is the number 2 vendor for data centre switches in the world with over 4000 customers including such well known names as Facebook, Netflix and Spotify.
Some recent highlights
- In May 2016, Gartner positioned Arista in the 'Leaders' quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking.
- Arista switches powered video transmission in both the Euro 2016 football championship and the Rio Olympics.
- Jayshree Ullal (Arista CEO) and Andy Bechtolsheim (Founder) won the 2015 Ernst and Young entrepreneur of the year in the USA.
Arista opened the Dublin R&D office in the IFSC in 2015, and has ambitious plans to continue growing the Dublin team across all areas of Software Engineering.
Some interesting projects that we're currently working on in Dublin include:
- Writing Linux user space and kernel code to allow 32-bit drivers to DMA 64-bit virtual memory spaces using both Intel and AMD IOMMU controller.
- Accessing ASIC registers over SPI bus, SMbus, PCIe and I2C, to implement high resolution timers (sub-100ns accuracy) and read ASIC hardware specifications to gather near-real-time information on large numbers of packet flows and to generate network congestion statistics.
- Development of configuration management services using Go and Python to support YANG, OpenConfig, NETCONF and RESTCONF over gRPC, ssh and ssl for standardised switch configuration, combined with tools such as git, gerrit, Jenkins, Slack and Trello.
- Creating a streaming telemetry service for networking devices that will send real-time state updates from the switch to cloud-based data ingestion infrastructure. We work in Go creating gRPC and REST based services. We use modern development tools such as git, gerrit, Jenkins, Trello and we deploy our backend in a cluster using Kubernetes and docker containers.
- Development of routing protocol agents (for BGP, OSPF, ISIS) in C/C++ within a Fedora Linux embedded environment. Coding of fault-tolerant, concurrent agents capable of handling the demands of future data centres where high performance and high availability are basic requirements. Fully automated, developer owned, Python based, continuous test harness with 100s of devices under test at any one moment.
- BSc Engineering/Science (min 2.1 preferred).
- Knowledge of any of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Java, Go, embedded systems, network engineering.
- Keen interest in programming and new technologies.
One of the many attractions of joining Arista is that from the top Arista is an engineering company. The founders and engineering managers are all engineers who understand good software engineering and the importance of doing things right.
Arista hires directly into the broader team, regardless of geography. The languages we program in are primarily C, C++, python and Go, but if you aren’t an expert in any of these don’t let that stop you from speaking with us.
Our engineers have full ownership of their projects. Our management structure is flat and lightweight. Software engineering is run by software engineers who are in charge of delivering features from concept through to completion. We put a premium on building and using test automation tools.
No part of the company is off-limits, meaning that our engineers have the chance to work on a variety of different areas. If you have opinions on emacs vs vi, delve vs gdb, keyboard vs mouse, then you will find many like-minded developers at Arista.
Arista is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has development offices in the US, Canada, India and Ireland. Arista treats all R&D centres on par with each other.
- Arista is a software company with a unique culture building data centre switches done right.
- Arista is hiring software developers to build products that will drive the networks of the future.
- Arista is looking for developers who primarily enjoy writing code, solving problems and who appreciate a culture of invention, quality, respect and fun.
About the company
Arista is a profitable, publicly quoted company, growing at breakneck speed and is now the number 2 vendor for data centre switches in the world with over 3000 customers including 7 out of the 8 largest cloud titans, eBay, Facebook, Microsoft, Netflix, PayPal, Spotify, and industry partners such as VMware, Dell, F5, HP, Infinera, Nuage, Palo Alto Networks, Supermicro, Inc and Rackspace. Arista is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has development offices in the US, Canada, India and Ireland.
Arista has ambitious plans to grow the Dublin-based Development Centre in the next couple of years and now is a great time to join the team when you can have a significant impact on the shape and direction as the office grows. In the Dublin office we work on exciting new feature product development for some of the world’s biggest and best tech customers.
One of the many attractions for joining Arista is that from the top Arista is an engineering company. The founders and engineering managers are all engineers who understand good software engineering and the importance of doing things right.
Arista hires directly into the broader team, regardless of geography. Based on skill set and interests people choose to move around within the software engineering team from one project or area to another. The areas you can work on include routing, OpenStack, OpenConfig, SDN, switching ASICs, tools, build infrastructure, applications, the linux kernel, and much much more. The languages we program in are primarily C, C++, python and Go, but if you aren’t an expert in any of these don’t let that stop you from speaking with us.
- Rewarding and innovative projects with an emphasis on quality coding
- Working with the industry's smartest coders
- Completely flat structure based on team work
- Bright new offices overlooking River Liffey and Dublin mountains
- Health insurance to cover you and your family
- Recently listed as 2nd fastest growing public tech company by Forbes
- Generous equity plan
- Flexibility when required
- Opportunity to work in a relaxed environment with a great bunch!
- Employees cycle to Work Scheme - 51% off the retail price of bike