- Posted 10 days ago
About this job
SHAPE LIVING FOR THE BETTER
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Are you dreaming to work in cool start-up with the latest software development technologies and at the same time to be part of a global company with more than 100 years of history?
Then come and join us at Nexure, an innovative digital startup powered by Electrolux!
Our team is growing and looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is self-driven, passionate about building quality software and appreciates working in a dynamic environment.
Nexure has developed a subscription platform that is today in operation in the major European countries. The platform is helping Electrolux create new post-purchase offerings that are tailored for the consumer and aim at shaping a new ownership experience.
We bring Peace of Mind to the consumer and prolong the lifetime of appliances for a sustainable future.
We are in an exciting phase where our offerings are seeing unprecedented traction in the markets where we are operating. In parallel to growing the existing markets, we are looking at further developing the platform and entering new markets.
• Develop and maintain REST services in Java, Kotlin and Python
• Breaking down high-level requirements into digestible chunks of work
• Work in multidisciplinary project teams of Product, Data Science, Business, and Design professionals
• Work with senior engineers to design backend services
• University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subjects preferred
• 4+ years of work experience building applications. Experience with backend REST API services and Cloud hosting, AWS preferred
• Good knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
• Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL
• Experience working in an agile environment with a focus on engineering practices like testing, continuous integration etc.
• Good programming and data modeling skills. Knowledge of the JVM, Spring frameworks, and Java or Kotlin language preferred
• Fluent in English
• Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform
• Experience with Go language
A regular day at work
Engineering at Nexure is built up on people and their ideas. They are the ones who make sure we can develop easy-to-use and scalable services which directly reflect features used by customers on a daily basis. As an engineer at Nexure, you will:
• Design and implement new features driven by Nexures product vision and the Electrolux organizations around the world
• Work with an agile process which we continuously enhance to be beneficial for both product and engineering
• Explore and implement services based on new technologies and frameworks
• Collaborate with third party teams and integrate against external platforms
• Propose ideas and discuss architecture improvements on a weekly basis
• Monitor and keep all services in the Nexure cluster healthy
• Contribute to all stages in the product life cycle: design, implementation, code review, testing, deployment, and maintenance
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
About the company
Electrolux is a leader in the home appliance space with more than 100 years of experience. We are quite rightly proud of our creativity and advanced technology in hardware development. We have been recognized externally for award-winning design and are widely regarded as a sustainability leader within our industry.
Perhaps less well known are our efforts and investment in software development. We have been on this journey for some time, starting with our IT organizations focus on the development of business-enabling systems and platforms. For example, our teams are now developing for our Direct to Consumer ecommerce platform, our CRM system and product information management system, etc.
We are also building a new consumer facing digital product organization. Our objective is to establish a world-class foundation of global, agile product teams that own and iterate connected experiences across all home appliance products, not to mention the back-end services needed to operate a state-of-the-art connected experience.
This requires changes to Team (building global agile functionality), Processes (from waterfall to agile, QBR and OKR) and Product (cloud components and mobile applications) orientations. PEOPLE are at the heart of this change!
Welcome to your new home!
Have you been scaling global products with millions of monthly users? Would you like to take the next step and learn how to develop and scale global IoT experiences improving the lives of users around the world? Do you enjoy building high-performing, cross-functional and global product teams? Are fast iterations with a constant eye on user experience metrics and business objectives top of your mind? Are you fluent in OKR’s & dev ops?
Do you believe great user experiences are built on top of a strong sustainability and circular economy agenda?
If so, then we would like to welcome you to your new home at Electrolux – join us to improve the everyday homelife of people all over the world!
- Modern tech stack
- 40 days of vacation in Sweden
- Parental leave
- Well being allowance
- Development, learning and networking opportunities
- Work from home flexibility
- On-site restaurants and cafes
- In HQ we have sports hall, spinning-room and gym
- Relocation support (if applicable)